This Is A Story Of A Girl Who Cried A River And Drowned The Whole World!

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Valuable?

Question : Are you valuable?

Some days I like him. Most days I hate him. But I do have to admit, he's honest. He'll always tell me if I have food in my teeth or a booger in my nose. He isn't afraid to let me know if a certain shirt is too tight or if a color doesn't complement my skin. I appreciate the honesty, but he is deceiving all the time. Deceiving because anytime he tells me, "Just get this cute shirt and feel better about yourself" or "Just lose 5kgs and be forever happy," it doesn't work. I'm never good enough for him.

I try not to hang out with him too much, or else I can easily fall into his trap of discouragement - "Jane, I see that cellulite back there. Your skin is looking pretty oily these days. Those pimples! Get rid of them!" I try to block out his lies that tell me I'm not good enough, that I'm not beautiful, but it's hard.

I'm sure you've met him. He tends to pop up in all sorts of places, bathrooms, cars, department stores, gyms. And I'm sure you've felt some of the insecurities when standing in front of him.

His name?

Mirror.

1 comment:

wenn said...

haha..I thought you are having a disgusting boyfriend.